Reply To: Mapping color and depth pixels

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Mapping color and depth pixels Reply To: Mapping color and depth pixels

David
Participant

Hi elisek,
what you are trying to do sounds incredibly interesting and useful. Let me just say that i am not anywhere near qualified to talk about this but here are three things that came to my mind:
Did you account for the different resolutions of depth and color stream? That would of course only be relevant if the coordinate system is pixel-based
did you calibrate both in the same way? i.e. the vector orthogonal to the Box floor, i think its called camera space vector in the calibration procedure
Is the distortion from different terrain height relevant here ?

I highly doubt that this will help but i would love to hear about how your project is coming along.

In another one of your posts i read about your modifications to the hydrology model, did you have any success with that?
I am part of a group of rescue-engineering students from the university of applied sciences TH Köln and we are working on a similar idea, teaching about river flood risks, human factors and prevention. Perhaps you can share some information on your project, we are very interested in that.

Greetings from Germany,
David

Comments are closed.