Reply To: Terrian model?

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Terrian model? Reply To: Terrian model?

Anonymous
Inactive

Thanks for the info in this thread, just posting to share what I have learned about the DEM loader.

I noticed that the demVerticalShift depends on how you have calibrated your sandbox’ base-plane. If in Step 8 of the Complete Installation Instructions you placed a flat surface over the walls of your sandbox to extract the base-plane, your demVerticalShift will be approximately equal to the distance between this flat surface and the leveled-out sand. You will also need to select a vertical shift if you changed the base-plane equation in any way (i.e. to raise your height map scale). However, if you calibrated your base-plane simply by leveling out the sand, and did not alter the output base-plane equation, then your vertical shift should be close to zero.

If your sandbox, in DEM mode, is instructing you to build a flat surface, that means either your DEM is too flat (adjust demVerticalScale), or it was not loaded correctly. For me, with SARndbox 2.3 the DEM would not load correctly if I selected “Load Input Graph”, when the input graph did not specify a demFileName. This causes the sandbox to prompt me to select my DEM, and happily accepts it, but fails to render it correctly. To fix this, set demFileName within your input graph.

Comments are closed.