Reply To: Wiki Please – so we can jointly edit and contribute

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Wiki Please – so we can jointly edit and contribute Reply To: Wiki Please – so we can jointly edit and contribute

David
Participant

Hey grant,
i´m not even sure there is a typical admin team for this forum. I was under the impression it´s pretty much just @okreylos in his spare time and perhaps some coworkers.

I think we agree that this wordpress forum is non-ideal but a dedicated server for a wiki seems like a high maintenance solution and externally managed servers are expensive. However, if anyone has experience running servers, particularly wikis, that would certainly be the best solution for knowledge- and file management.
To solve the issue of not having notifications and generally a relatively low answer rate @SSandford suggested a facebook group. Whilst I agree that more people would answer a lot quicker on facebook that would also mean that these answers, some of which are extremely helpful, can´t be found on google anymore. Also the whole closed environment facebook thing isn’t exactly in the spirit of open source software.
i think the wordpress forum is an okay solution for now – you can always write a wiki-like article here with pictures and all. If you need to edit it you would have to repost it and delete the old one but considering how much work a wiki would be, i think we can live with the forum.

greetings,
David

Comments are closed.