Reply To: Black area in middle of Kinect Image

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Black area in middle of Kinect Image Reply To: Black area in middle of Kinect Image

noopara
Participant

I tested the sandbox today with the new versions of software and it’s still not working right.

With the sand in the box the left image shows with only green around the edges and black in 80% of the middle. Changing cameras makes no difference. I took the sand out of the box leaving the black bottom of the sand box and then the green image would show up with only a small black area near the top left. I was able to get all the way to calibration of the camera and projector but the target is not recognized. The cross hair shows up but there is no yellow, no green no matter which way the target is held.

I am beginning to wonder about noise on the AC power line. These tests were conducted on a board walk (pier) in a marina. Has anyone had experience with dirty AC power causing problems with their sandbox? I’ll put my o’scope on it in a couple of weeks to see what it looks like.

In a week or so, I will be testing the system with known clean power where it has worked before. If the problem still persists, I will be wiping the hard drive and doing a fresh install.

Comments are closed.