Reply To: Plans / Specifications for Sandbox and Projector & Kinect Mount

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Plans / Specifications for Sandbox and Projector & Kinect Mount Reply To: Plans / Specifications for Sandbox and Projector & Kinect Mount

daparret
Participant

Hi Ernie,
Congratulations on getting started with this great project. As of right now, all details of building the box and “mast” have been left up to the user. Because it sounds like your base will be larger then the box itself, you may be required to have the system holding your projector and sensor freestanding (as in not directly connected to the sandbox). I have seen a few examples of these but I would guess they require more frequent calibration.
I believe the most tricky part to this build is figuring out how and where to mount the projector and sensor. For our build, I used 1-1/2″ aluminum for the mast. I found that it was plenty strong, relatively attractive and easy to manipulate. Most importantly, the tube sizing made it compatible with Simpson construction ties and hangers (as you may use for building a deck for example).
I will try to get some images up for your reference that will hopefully be of some help.

Comments are closed.