Reply To: caught exceptions with RawKinectViewer and SARndbox

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum caught exceptions with RawKinectViewer and SARndbox Reply To: caught exceptions with RawKinectViewer and SARndbox

kyarosh
Participant

All, I just wanted to share that I was also having these same USB issues with a Brand new MSI motherboard as of the time of this message posting. My challenge was that my new motherboard and case is of the ITX form factor and I don’t have any more slots to add an additional cheap USB controller – the gigantic NVidia GeForce GTX 970 hogged all the slot space. However, the key was to get the Kinect camera on its own USB 2.0 bus. There were USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 connectors on the front and back of the case. I connected keyboard and mouse to USB 3.0 and made sure Kinect was the only thing on USB 2.0 and verified that with lsusb. Once I isolated the Kinect on USB 2.0, voilà, no usb errors or exceptions popping up. So with this it cannot be emphasized enough – the Kinect should be on its own USB 2.0 bus (NOT plugged into a usb hub or mixed with mouse and keyboard). Hope this helps others and thanks again Dr. Kreylos!

Comments are closed.