Reply To: computer specs

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum computer specs Reply To: computer specs

FSWCD
Participant

What I have been able to determine to this point is that people are using both desktop and laptops to run the program. The video card is crucial. The rainfall portion of the program will run with older video cards, but it is sluggish.

NVDIA Geforce GTX 970 is the video card we are using. It was the latest gaming video card available at time of purchase.

The biggest difference that I have noticed, but I haven’t been able to test myself, is that you need to have a 2.0 USB port to run the program. I can’t get our laptop to recognize the Kinect which has all 3.0 USB ports. The people that I have talked to gave me the specs of their computers and they all have a 2.0 USB port. I am hoping to take our camera and test it on their computer to make sure it isn’t our camera.

I would recommended that the camera be connected directly into the wall for power instead of using an extension cord.

When researching a computer, I believe it needs to have a 2.0 USB port. Even though 3.0 USB is backwards compatible, I can’t get it to recognize the Kinect.

Comments are closed.