Reply To: AR Sandbox mostly complete! Few questions left.

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum AR Sandbox mostly complete! Few questions left. Reply To: AR Sandbox mostly complete! Few questions left.

billberet
Participant

USB buttons are expensive because of the controller board. WAYYYY to expensive in my mind!

there is a cheap hack you can do, if you can get a hold of some old keyboards.
take them apart and make your own, costs nothing! that’s what i did. Just find the letter you want to use and touch the wires together, that completes the circuit like hitting the key on the keyboard.
you can see my terminal window, I’m using the letter D when the wires are touched.
the button i use is a Momentary pushbutton. You can get a Toggle button as well. this will hold the key press till you hit it again.

my whole button assembly cost under $10 that includes the box, wiring, etc. and the keyboard controller has 5v already so you can piggy back off the power if you want to illuminate the button.
I use adafruit for all my gaming rigs i build so external buttons are a must, everything you need is there.

post some pics when you can, i like your design, has a (bunk bed) look to it.
i was going to create a cover for mine as well, like a pool table light, that just covers the electronics like an umbrella.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by billberet.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by billberet.

Comments are closed.