Reply To: USB Button Help

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum USB Button Help Reply To: USB Button Help

billberet
Participant

I agree with Oliver, but I took the easy approach and used keyboard simulated USB buttons.
when I have the terminal open, I can see the letters/numbers as I press the buttons.

I have 6 USB buttons in one unit, and separate illuminated gaming buttons on another control box, for turning on and off LED’s, to making it rain or flood or dry, change shaders…etc. I use Linux mint so all I had to do was map a keyboard button in the GUI (has this feature by default), then used my usb button to simulate that key.
6 button on ebay and it only cost $20
you map the usb keys on a windows machine, then any other machine you plug it into, it uses those mapped keys.
d = dry
1 = flood
2 = rain at cursor
3 = shader 1 (snow)
4 = shader 2 (lava)

etc….

or you can do what I did, and used a keyboard controller to make my own button set for free !!!!
I went on adafruit for just over $1 per button or $5 for the BIG buttons, the kids love the big ones, lol

here is the one I made, you can see the terminal, when the wires touch, the letter shows.

mapped to this big drain button, I have more now, this is an earlier pic for proof of concept.
and the whole thing cost me under $10 for everything, and I can map the entire keyboard, since it is a keyboard controller after all.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by billberet.

Comments are closed.