Reply To: Kinect not detected

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Kinect not detected Reply To: Kinect not detected

mikesmith32
Participant

Hello,

I am using the adapter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004S7GA46/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687742&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00JVI6BVY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0WRV754BKA4K863SC3R7) and I have concluded that it is not providing enough power to my Kinect. The green light on the Kinect is blinking sporadically and I get random outputs of the motor, audio, and camera when using the “lsusb” command.

I understand the solution of using a USB 3.0 PCI Express Card but for mobility I’m using the Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case. It supports only Mini ITX motherboards which have only one PCI-E X16 slot. My graphics card takes up the only slot and I cannot afford to purchase a new case and motherboard, so I need a different solution.

Is there any way I can get more power to the Kinect through the Power Supply AC Cable Adapter? Could I possibly rewire or modify the circitry to provide more power? I am open to any ideas or solutions you guys can think of.

Power Supply – CS450M
Graphics Card – GeForce GTX 750Ti
CPU – Intel Pentium G3258 LGA1150 socket
Motherboard – ASrock H81M-ITX
Kinect Model – 1414

Thank you for the help,
Mike

Comments are closed.