Reply To: Blue line around running SARNDbox projected image?

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Blue line around running SARNDbox projected image? Reply To: Blue line around running SARNDbox projected image?

Oliver Kreylos
Keymaster

Awesome sleuthing! I can confirm that this works for me.

This pointed me towards where the actual problem in the code is; I am using GL_CLAMP as clamping mode for the water level texture, which is appropriate during the water simulation itself because the sampling mode is GL_NEAREST, but when I use the water level texture to colorize the sand surface, I temporarily switch its sampling mode to GL_LINEAR, and GL_CLAMP will then access parts of border texels, which are blue.

However, when I change the clamping mode for rendering to GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE in the code (that’s what disabling “Conformant texture clamping” does according to Nvidia docs), it doesn’t work at all — it gets even worse. So there is still something wrong somewhere in the driver, or disabling conformant clamping doesn’t quite do what Nvidia claims.

But for now, disabling “conformant texture clamping” is a valid workaround. I’ll add it to the common issues.

Comments are closed.