3200 lumen : is it enough ?

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum 3200 lumen : is it enough ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bubulle
    Participant

Hello,

The recommended videoprojector is the benq631st. It has 3200 lumens and a contrast of 13000:1.
    Is it enough ? I mean it is certainly perfect for use in a dark room but what about “normal” room without curtains.

For example, for the same price, i have seen the acer 1387w. It has 4500 lumens and 17000:1 for the contrast.
    According to the datasheet, if you put it at 1m50 above the sand box it will cover 98cmx61cm. So the sandbox would be a little bit smaller but it would be much more brihgter.

What do you think about it ?

sharned
    Participant

Hi. I’ve been working with an AR Sandbox that uses a BENQ MW632ST projector that is also 3200 lumens. From what I’ve seen, it is fine if you don’t have a light source directly overhead, or a window with direct sunlight nearby. I don’t know that 4500 lumens would be enough to change that.

But, what do you mean by “normal” room? If you have windows nearby with direct sunlight that will hit the sandbox, you will always have issues. It would take a very bright light source to compete with that. If you only have fluorescent lights, like in many office settings, 3200 lumens will seem a little washed out, I cannot predict whether 4500 will be much better. Surely, it will be somewhat better.

Hope this helps.

bubulle
    Participant

Thank you for your answer.
    I will use it in room with fluorescent light. So, i think i will go with the 631st.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.