3D printed parts in AR Sandbox

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum 3D printed parts in AR Sandbox

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  billberet 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Egokitek
    Participant

Hi,

In my case I’ve builded the sandbox in pine wood, the pole too. But I have made some pieces in laywood, a filament for 3D printers composed of 40% wood, 60% of PLA. PLA is polylactic acid and come of vegetables like corn, sugarcane and so on.

My project will be exhibited in several schools and cultural centers and I want raise awareness of environmental issues in some different ways. That’s the reason of rice vs sand, and the employment of organic 3D printed pieces.

At the moment I’ve designed 4 different pieces. Soon I’ll upload the stl files to my website and Thingiverse. If you are interested could download and print them.

The first two pieces have the mission of cover the corners of the sandbox. Look at the picture, one is the top corner and the other one is printed 2 times and covers the corner itself. Not only hidden the screws, also round the edge. This avoid damages to users.

Laywood 3dprinted in corners

The third piece holds a mirror (20×20 cm). The reason is I’ve used a normal projector (not a short throw). I need more distance and the mirror corrects this problem. In the picture are all the pieces to mount the mirror in the top of the pole.

laywood 3dprinted to hold a mirror

And finally, the 4th piece. I think that will be useful for everybody. It has two different uses:

In one side is the calibration tool: a round disc of 12cm with a cross inside.
    In the other side is a cloud, to move over sandbox and create rain. I Think the children could accept this piece much better and improve the experience. In this case the piece is white and 3dprinted 100% in PLA

This piece has a hole of 3’5mm to insert a knitting needle.

Calibration tool and cloud

And that’s all. Thank you

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  Egokitek.

sekingen
    Participant

i cant open your pictures.. can you re-upload your pictures pls

Egokitek
    Participant

Hi, sekingen,

I don’t have any problem to see the pictures. I use the Chrome browser. Do you use Internet Explorer or Firefox? Perhaps could be the problem. I don’t know how to fix this problem, really.

Anyway, you could see the pictures in google plus or twitter if you like. Search for the hashtag #arsandbox and look for nicks “egokitek” or “VictorJBarahona”.

I want publish more pictures and need to know if you solve the problem. Give me some feedback, please.

Thanks in advance,
    Victor

INTPTT
    Participant

I can’t see the pictures either, for the record. Firefox (latest)

::EDIT:: Link for the lazy!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  INTPTT.

billberet
    Participant

sweet, post the link, i’ll give it a try. what did you print in, PLA or ABS. I scrapped all my abs and moved to PLA. Stronger and more resistant to UV. the only issue is the finishing, I have to sand like crazy to remove the resolution lines. can’t do an acetone bath like ABS. 🙁

we are going to be ordering some more heads too, so we can print in carbon fiber, wood, aluminum, etc…..
    Carbon fiber is going to be the print of choice !!!!! super strong.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  billberet.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  billberet.

Egokitek
    Participant

I have tested the pictures with several browsers and see them correctly in the computer and also with chrome for Android, but I can’t with Safari IOS for Ipad. It’s a mistery for me.

I post the images with img button, that is,

description

Anyway the link added above by INPTT is correct and has an album with pictures of the first public event here in San Sebastian. Here it is an article of the event in my web page, it’s written in spanish but has a left bar with translate tools:

arsandbox in San Sebastian, first exhibition

I print always in PLA and sometimes in laywood, assuming the resolution lines, nothing is perfect 🙂

Egokitek
    Participant

I have tested the pictures with several browsers and see them correctly in the computer and also with chrome for Android, but I can’t with Safari IOS for Ipad. It’s a mistery for me.

description

Anyway the link added above by INPTT is correct and has an album with pictures of the first public event here in San Sebastian. Here it is an article of the event in my web page, it’s written in spanish but has a left bar with translate tools:

I print always in PLA and sometimes in laywood, assuming the resolution lines, nothing is perfect 🙂

Egokitek
    Participant

description

Egokitek
    Participant

I post the images with img button, not the link button.

billberet
    Participant

Nice job with your rig. NICE AND CLEAN…
    I like your mirror, this way you take the projector and turn it into a center fire one, instead of projecting on the base line.

cudos!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.