Build help.

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Build help.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chachie 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jonc310
    Participant

Does anyone have info on how to build bracket for holding projector and camera. This is our first build and looking for least expensive way. The aluminum extrusion way is a little expensive at this time.

chachie
    Participant

Hello,

I built ours on a budget using pressure treated 2x4s. I have two 2x4s attached vertically to the long side of the sandbox with bolts and wingnuts. The projector is then screwed into a metal plate in between the two 2x4s at the top. I then have two short 2×4 sections extending out horizontally over top of the sand. These sections are attached to the vertical 2x4s using cheap shelf brackets. The camera is then zip-tied to a piece of wood and rests across these two horizontal sections.

The idea was to make this table portable on a cheap budget. Best I could do in the time and budget I had. I have noticed that the wood does warp a little depending on climate which requires the camera to be re-positioned slightly and the system needs to be re-calibrated.

Hope this helps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.