Calibration crosshairs

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Calibration crosshairs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    UWYOPedology
    Participant

When I am running through the final projector-kinect calibration process, the crosshairs do not move to the next location after I capture the first tie point. I am getting a nice green disc for the target. I have seen the question below the calibration youtube video, but no answer. This is the second sandbox I have made, first time with this issue.Any help or ideas on this are appreciated!

Rob

GrantWells
    Participant

Hey Rob,

I’ve had this before also – three suggestions.

1) A flakey kinect sensor – try redoing the intrinsic calibration step – one of mine seems a lot less reliable than the other and the intrinsic calibration seems to help a bit..
    2) During sandbox calibration hit the second key that you set up to force it to recapture and recalculate with the new surface data
    3) try a different surface level – the video uses a flat card, which puts the targets well above the sand surface

And finally Malamakers script makes it easy. Malamakers startup script link

rgds
    Grant

UWYOPedology
    Participant

Thanks for the info Grant. Oliver was kind enough to point out (via email) that I was hitting the second button that I set, hence I was always getting a red screen and the crosshairs wouldn’t advance. So, it was just remeasuring the sand surface each time…oops!

Rob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.