Can I use Distance info from Kinect in OpenCv?

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Can I use Distance info from Kinect in OpenCv?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ilansuriyeli 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dima
    Participant

I want to build a sandbox, but I want to add some functionality using OpenCv, can I somehow get a distance map from Kinect? Or does the sandbox program reserve kinect only for themselves?

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

The SARndbox application talks to the Kinect camera at the USB device level, and only one application can open a USB device at a time.

If you want to feed a depth map into another application, you will have to modify the SARndbox application’s source code to intercept depth maps either directly where it receives them from the Kinect driver or after depth filtering, and send them to another library in-process, or to another application via IPC.

Dima
    Participant

Hello!
    I’m trying to get depth data from the sandbox to detect relief features.

I was able to get raw depth buffer data by saving the buffer from
    rawDepthFrameDispatcher()
    But there’s just a lot of garbage data in there that i dont need.

Is it possible to get the already filtered depth buffer, of only the sandbox region (that the Sandbox uses to draw height map)?
    Could you point me to roughly the place in the code where I could get such data?

SANDpet
    Participant

What I want is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyAMAPIUyZ4

My first step would be to configure OpenCv at VRUI-makefile and so on, is it right?

Need help

ilansuriyeli
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.