Can I use Ubuntu Mate?

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Can I use Ubuntu Mate?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

smarley
    Participant

Hi all. The machine I would like to use for the AR Sandbox has a Skylake processor which is not currently supported in Linux Mint as the latest version (17.3) runs an older kernel. The update including Skylake support is not due out for a while. Does anyone know if there are any issues running AR Sandbox on Ubuntu Mate?

Somewhere it was mentioned that keyboard short cuts were an issue with Ubuntu, but I’m not sure if it is Ubuntu itself or the desktop (e.g. unity / mate / gnome) which causes the issue. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Oliver Kreylos

Yes, that shouldn’t be a problem. The major remaining Ubuntu issue was the lack of a hotkey to switch a window into full-screen mode, but I’ve added an internal hotkey to Vrui in the meantime. Overall, installing Linux Mint seems to be more straightforward than installing Ubuntu, but once you have either one running, installing and running the sandbox software should be the same.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.