Cannot control rain/drain with hand gesture

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Cannot control rain/drain with hand gesture

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

My ARS unit is finally set up and calibrated to display the contour lines correctly. However, I am unable to make it rain other than by pushing and holding down the R button, and to drain I have to push and hold the D button. How do I set it up so that it will rain and drain by holding my hand over the watershed?

Sean Robinson
    Participant

My ARS unit is finally set up and calibrated to display the contour lines correctly.

Yay!

However, I am unable to make it rain other than by pushing and holding down the R button, and to drain I have to push and hold the D button.

Not so yay.

How do I set it up so that it will rain and drain by holding my hand over the watershed?

The default SARndbox only has a rain hand. The two vital factors for a rain hand are to spread wide all your fingers and position your hand within the “cloud” elevation zone. SARndbox wants to see four seperate fingers before it will classify the object as a rain hand. If SARndbox draws contour lines on your hand, your hand is too close to the sand; try raising your hand another 10-20 cm.

You have several options for draining: use an assigned keyboard key (or USB button), use the sand to direct the water to an edge of the sandbox and let it flow out the side, or patch SARndbox to include my drain hand gesture. My personal preference is to direct the water out the side. My drain hand patch is still temperamental and does not work as well as I could hope.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.