Can't get proper deepth

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Can't get proper deepth

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  billberet 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dda
    Participant

Hi!!!
    I am trying to build a sandbox for a few weeks already, I am on my third PC and second Kinect right now, with the same “dark blue” results again and again. the topography works perfect.. Somehow it reads the deepth wrong, so the sand surface is always blue, however if I will hold my hand 40-55 cm above the box, it starts turning green then brown.. Does anyone have a clue what it can be?? It just thinks that everything is twice “deeper” than it is…

Zoyx
    Participant

Sounds like you didn’t do any calibration. Read (http://lakeviz.org/forums/topic/complete-installation-instructions/). Especially step 5 and on.

billberet
    Participant

you can go into your boxlayout.txt calibration file and change the depth of base plane
    (sea level, 0 elevation). Essentially you change the distance of the sand to your Kinect. In the video this is done at 7:40
    this will let you customize how deep you want blue to be. I essentially did 1 inch below the sand surface, so everything is green when the sand is level.

video to follow,
    Calibration video

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  billberet.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  billberet.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.