Complete Installation Instructions

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Complete Installation Instructions

This topic contains 115 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  Tomz 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 116 total)
  • Author

Ross Heeb
    Participant

Ok Thank you, what I meant was that to overlay our school from a aerial view. Our plans were to work with our local police department, say if a shooter came into our school we wanted to have a almost like a training with the AR Sandbox. Could we find a program that could draw arrows to a certain point or show dots on the school.

Thank you, Ross

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

I see. The AR Sandbox as it is might not be the ideal tool for that, but the next major version will have a mode where you can pre-load an existing 3D topography model (such as your school grounds) and an aerial or satellite photo, and the software will guide you towards re-creating that model in the sand, and then project the image onto it once the real sand surface matches the model.

Ross Heeb
    Participant

Oh wow, this would be great for this project. Do you have any idea when it will be out?

Thanks, Ross

sotoglzz
    Participant

Hi Oliver, It’s very amazing the AR sandbox
    I have a question, Is there anyway to get the all matrix of coordinates of the sand surface???

upbsandbox
    Participant

Hi Oliver,
    I am Thomas CIST major at the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford. I am setting up this sandbox as a Work study project, I have been following your instructions and I have finally calibrated everything; but when I go to finally run it all I get is a black screen. I was wondering if you have seen this and might know why this is the case or if you had any tips on how I could solve this.

maphew
    Participant

I think there is a step missing in the instruction video for calibrating the kinect camera. Namely, where the x-layout.txt with the registration coordinates file is saved to. The most likely candidate I found is “src/SARndbox-1.5-001/etc/SARndbox-1.5/BoxLayout.txt“. Is this correct?

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

Did you add -fpv to the command line?

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

Yes. The file name needs to be BoxLayout.txt , or you can name the file arbitrarily and place it into an arbitrary location, and pass its full path and name to SARndbox via the -slf <sandbox layout file name> command line parameter.

mcsquared
    Participant

Hi, Oliver
    First of all thanks for making all your hard work available to everybody. I have successfully completed the installation process twice before. This is my 3rd go round (upgrading computers each time). However, this time I have hit a wall with an error while installing Kinect-2.8-002. I am getting an error when compiling SphereExtractorTool.cpp Here is the error (sorry for the long text):

matt@matts-Workstation:~/src/Kinect-2.8-002$ make
    ---- Kinect configuration options: ----
    CPU-based facade projector selected
    ---- Kinect installation configuration ----
    Root installation directory: /home/matt/Vrui-3.1
    Calibration data directory: /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/etc/Kinect-2.8
    Resource data directory: /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/share/Kinect-2.8
    Vislet plug-in directory: /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/VRVislets
    ---- End of Kinect configuration options: ----
    make: Warning: File 

SphereExtractorTool.cpp’ has modification time 2.8e+04 s in the future
    Compiling SphereExtractorTool.cpp…
    SphereExtractorTool.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void SphereExtractorTool::initialize()’:
    SphereExtractorTool.cpp:213:119: error: no matching function for call to ‘createFunctionCall(SphereExtractorTool* const, void (SphereExtractorTool::*)(const SphereList&, unsigned int), unsigned int&)’
    sphereExtractor->startStreaming(Misc::createFunctionCall(this,&SphereExtractorTool::sphereListCallback,streamerIndex));
    ^
    SphereExtractorTool.cpp:213:119: note: candidates are:
    In file included from /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/include/Vrui/FileSelectionHelper.h:28:0,
    from KinectViewer.h:33,
    from SphereExtractorTool.h:40,
    from SphereExtractorTool.cpp:24:
    /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/include/Misc/FunctionCalls.h:254:1: note: template<class ParameterParam> Misc::FunctionCall<ParameterParam>* Misc::createFunctionCall(void (*)(ParameterParam))
    createFunctionCall(
    ^
    /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/include/Misc/FunctionCalls.h:254:1: note: template argument deduction/substitution failed:
    SphereExtractorTool.cpp:213:119: note: mismatched types ‘void(ParameterParam)’ and ‘SphereExtractorTool’
    sphereExtractor->startStreaming(Misc::createFunctionCall(this,&SphereExtractorTool::sphereListCallback,streamerIndex));
    ^
    In file included from /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/include/Vrui/FileSelectionHelper.h:28:0,
    /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/include/Misc/FunctionCalls.h:263:1: note: template<class ParameterParam, class ArgumentParam> Misc::FunctionCall<ParameterParam>* Misc::createFunctionCall(void (*)(ParameterParam, const ArgumentParam&), ArgumentParam)
    createFunctionCall(
    ^
    /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/include/Misc/FunctionCalls.h:263:1: note: template argument deduction/substitution failed:
    SphereExtractorTool.cpp:213:119: note: mismatched types ‘void(ParameterParam, const ArgumentParam&)’ and ‘SphereExtractorTool’
    ^
    /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/include/Misc/FunctionCalls.h:273:1: note: template<class ParameterParam, class CalleeParam> Misc::FunctionCall<ParameterParam>* Misc::createFunctionCall(CalleeParam*, void (CalleeParam::*)(ParameterParam))
    createFunctionCall(
    ^
    /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/include/Misc/FunctionCalls.h:273:1: note: template argument deduction/substitution failed:
    SphereExtractorTool.cpp:213:119: note: candidate expects 2 arguments, 3 provided
    ^
    /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/include/Misc/FunctionCalls.h:283:1: note: template<class ParameterParam, class CalleeParam> Misc::FunctionCall<ParameterParam>* Misc::createFunctionCall(const CalleeParam*, void (CalleeParam::*)(ParameterParam)const)
    createFunctionCall(
    ^
    /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/include/Misc/FunctionCalls.h:283:1: note: template argument deduction/substitution failed:
    SphereExtractorTool.cpp:213:119: note: types ‘void (CalleeParam::)(ParameterParam)const’ and ‘void (SphereExtractorTool::)(const SphereList&, unsigned int) {aka void (SphereExtractorTool::)(const std::vector<Geometry::Sphere<double, 3> >&, unsigned int)}’ have incompatible cv-qualifiers
    ^
    /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/include/Misc/FunctionCalls.h:293:1: note: template<class ParameterParam, class CalleeParam, class ArgumentParam> Misc::FunctionCall<ParameterParam>* Misc::createFunctionCall(CalleeParam*, void (CalleeParam::*)(ParameterParam, const ArgumentParam&), ArgumentParam)
    createFunctionCall(
    ^
    /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/include/Misc/FunctionCalls.h:293:1: note: template argument deduction/substitution failed:
    SphereExtractorTool.cpp:213:119: note: mismatched types ‘const ArgumentParam&’ and ‘unsigned int’
    ^
    /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/include/Misc/FunctionCalls.h:304:1: note: template<class ParameterParam, class CalleeParam, class ArgumentParam> Misc::FunctionCall<ParameterParam>* Misc::createFunctionCall(const CalleeParam*, void (CalleeParam::*)(ParameterParam, const ArgumentParam&)const, ArgumentParam)
    createFunctionCall(
    ^
    /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/include/Misc/FunctionCalls.h:304:1: note: template argument deduction/substitution failed:
    SphereExtractorTool.cpp:213:119: note: types ‘void (CalleeParam::)(ParameterParam, const ArgumentParam&)const’ and ‘void (SphereExtractorTool::)(const SphereList&, unsigned int) {aka void (SphereExtractorTool::)(const std::vector<Geometry::Sphere<double, 3> >&, unsigned int)}’ have incompatible cv-qualifiers
    ^
    make: *** [o/g++-3.g0.O3/SphereExtractorTool.o] Error 1
    `

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

What operating system and version of g++ ($g++ -dumpversion) is this?

mcsquared
    Participant

Brand new install of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS install and g++ version 4.8

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

I just built the whole thing using both g++ 4.7.2 and g++ 4.9.2, and both worked without flaw.

Did you by any chance accidentally build against Vrui-3.1-003? Run $ ~/Vrui-3.1/bin/AlignTrackingMarkers -vruiVerbose to see the exact Vrui version you installed.

mcsquared
    Participant

I think I must have. Here is what it says:

Vrui: Entering verbose mode
    Vrui: Run-time version 3.1-003 installed in:
            libraries   : /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
            executables : /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/bin
            plug-ins    : /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
            config files: /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/etc
            shared files: /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/share
    Vrui: Reading system-wide configuration file /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/etc/Vrui.cfg
    Vrui: Merging user configuration file ./Vrui.cfg... does not exist
    Vrui: Going to root section /Vrui/Desktop
    Vrui: Initializing Vrui environment... Ok
    Vrui: Command line passed to application:
    Usage: /home/matt/Vrui-3.1/bin/AlignTrackingMarkers ( <rigid body definition file name> <rigid body name> ) | ( -npc <NaturalPoint server name> <rigid body ID> ) [-scale <unit scale factor>] [-inches] [-flipZ] [-size <marker size>]
    Vrui: Shutting down Vrui environment
    Caught exception AlignTrackingMarkers::AlignTrackingMarkers: No file name and rigid body name or NaturalPoint server name and rigid body ID provided'

I don’t know how that happened as I just copied and pasted the commands from this thread. And being a Linux newb, I don’t really know how to fix it. Nevermind, for some reason everything compiled correctly once I tried it again this morning. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it. Wish me luck for GIS day!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  mcsquared.

Ross Heeb
    Participant

I have all ready downloaded linux,Set the driver, and made a keyboard binding. When I put wget http://idav.ucdavis.edu/~okreylos/ResDev/Vrui/Build-Ubuntu.sh into the termial it works fine, then when I put bash Build-Ubuntu.sh into it right after it says that that there is no file or directory and I have broken packages. If you could please help I would appreciate that.

-Thanks Ross

Ross Heeb
    Participant

This is what I get after bash Build-Ubuntu.sh. Please enter your password to install Vrui’s prerequisite packages
    Reading package lists… Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information… Done
    Note, selecting ‘libpng12-dev’ instead of ‘libpng-dev’
    Note, selecting ‘libtiff5-dev’ instead of ‘libtiff-dev’
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    build-essential : Depends: libc6-dev but it is not going to be installed or
    libc-dev
    Depends: dpkg-dev (>= 1.13.5) but it is not going to be installed
    g++ : Depends: g++-4.8 (>= 4.8.2-5~) but it is not going to be installed
    libbluetooth-dev : Depends: libbluetooth3 (= 4.101-0ubuntu13) but 4.101-0ubuntu13.1 is to be installed
    Depends: libc6-dev but it is not going to be installed or
    libc-dev
    libdc1394-22-dev : Depends: libc6-dev but it is not going to be installed
    libgl1-mesa-dev : Depends: libgl1-mesa-glx (= 10.1.0-4ubuntu5) but 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.4 is to be installed
    Depends: libdrm-dev (>= 2.4.52) but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: libxdamage-dev but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: libxext-dev but it is not going to be installed
    Depends: libxfixes-dev but it is not going to be installed
    libjpeg-dev : Depends: libjpeg8-dev but it is not going to be installed
    libtiff5-dev : Depends: libtiff5 (= 4.0.3-7) but 4.0.3-7ubuntu0.3 is to be installed
    Depends: libc6-dev but it is not going to be installed or
    libc-dev
    Depends: libjbig-dev but it is not going to be installed
    libudev-dev : Depends: libudev1 (= 204-5ubuntu20) but 204-5ubuntu20.12 is to be installed
    mesa-common-dev : Depends: libdrm-dev (>= 2.4.52) but it is not going to be installed
    zlib1g-dev : Depends: libc6-dev but it is not going to be installed or
    libc-dev
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    Problem while downloading prerequisite packages; please fix the issue and try again

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.