Complete Installation Instructions

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Complete Installation Instructions

This topic contains 115 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  Tomz 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)
  • Author

dr_qatz
    Participant

Hello! I need help with Intrinsic Kinect Camera Calibration with Semi-transparent Grid.
    In my setup Linux mint Rebecca 17.1, Kinect-3.2,SARndbox-2.2,Vrui-4.2-004, i have a problem in step of using grid tool. After calibrating first couple of grids I recieving this words from RawKinectViewer << Could not create tie point due undefined grid plane equation>> What Am I Doing Wrong? All installations was done successfully.

williamHsu
    Participant

i try to run with kinect V2 model 1595 but can not work ~ but i see “Kinect-3.2 (252KB) (SHA1=ec66e9c085dc3b16e91b24a8f53ef1e4e340505f) Requires Vrui-4.2-001 or newer. Contains experimental support for second-generation Kinect-for-Xbox-One, and support for Intel RealSense cameras through Intel’s librealsense library.” but i can’t fixed by usb problem ~ so did any body have experience ? thx

bottobot
    Participant

Step Three is no longer working. Have the packages been updated?

This is the error I get now:

Compiling CalibrateProjector.cpp...
    In file included from CalibrateProjector.cpp:23:0:
    CalibrateProjector.h:41:32: fatal error: Kinect/FrameBuffer.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    /usr/local/share/Vrui-4.2/make/BasicMakefile:128: recipe for target 'o/g++-3.g0.O3/CalibrateProjector.o' failed
    make: *** [o/g++-3.g0.O3/CalibrateProjector.o] Error 1

Thanks for any assistance!

arbns
    Participant

i have this problem when installing vr

Caught exception GLContext: GLX extension not supported on display :0 while initializing rendering window 0
    Caught exception Vrui::startDisplay: Could not create all rendering windows while initializing rendering windows

please what this exception
    thanx

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  arbns.

tarsisaires
    Participant

i have this problem when installing vr

Caught exception GLContext: GLX extension not supported on display :0 while initializing rendering window 0
    Caught exception Vrui::startDisplay: Could not create all rendering windows while initializing rendering windows

please what this exception
    thanx

You can try to solve this error by installing “Mesa”(OpenGL) for Linux Mint before step 1 to install the arsandbox software. Open the terminal and insert the following lines, one at a time:

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install freeglut3
    sudo apt-get install freeglut3-dev
    sudo apt-get install binutils-gold
    sudo apt-get install g++ cmake
    sudo apt-get install libglew-dev
    sudo apt-get install g++
    sudo apt-get install mesa-common-dev
    sudo apt-get install mesa-common-dev
    sudo apt-get install libglew1.5-dev libglm-dev

After your development libraries have been installed to get information about the OpenGL and GLX implementations running on a particular X display.
    Type / Copy / Paste:
    glxinfo | Grep OpenGL

And then proceed to step 1 of the Arsandbox installation. The GLContext error should no longer occur.

techprolet
    Participant

So…. any chance to (experimentally 🙂 ) use a kinect v2?
    I haven’t been able to find any instructions neither in ARSandbox nor in Kinect-3.2
    Oliver wrote somewhere that many errors are fixed in 3.3 – any idea about the timeline?

I’ll be grateful for any help!

tillmanstory
    Participant

Could you elaborate more on how you fixed those dependency issues? I am getting the same on a brand-new Ubu install ..

mbgm4hs3
    Participant

Any updates?

sbilich
    Participant

I am having the same issue with the Intrinsic Kinect Camera Calibration with Semi-transparent Grid – error: Could not create tie point due undefined grid plane equation.

Any luck?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  sbilich.

alex.wyatt
    Participant

Is there any chance that the official install instructions on the webpage could be kept up to date? I love that this step-by-step tutorial is here, but as a moderately-comfortable user of Linux, I wasn’t using it (because I don’t need to copy/paste everything like I used to)

Problem is, the official Kinect download page only has downloads up to v2.8, which is incompatible with the version of Vrui in the previous page. I spent several days trying to figure out what my problem was, editing makefiles, redownloading tarballs, peeling the layers of install and source directories, and finally I noticed that this tutorial used Kinect v3.2. I was up and running 5 minutes later

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  alex.wyatt.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  alex.wyatt.

gatha
    Participant

yes even i also running into the same problem when installing a fresh ubutu schools9.com

Alucard
    Participant

Dear Oliver

First of all I would like to thank you and appreciate your sharing of information

I having a problem after I installed the Sandbox and run through the calibration …. when I run the program using the command

./bin/SARndbox -uhm -fpv

my sandbox covered with water even after I changed the plain equation z coordinate as you showed in the video by making it lower than the lowest value of the four fixed point of the 3D points

notice that my BENQ projector could not cover my entire sandbox ( part of my sandbox not covered with the projector light) so I minimized my sandbox width so the projector could covered it all… but still the water level is above the sand and I can’t take it down under the sand surface

what would be the problem ?

Thanks in advance

mkaszuba
    Participant

Alucard and Alex.Wyatt I have gone through the instructions a few times in the last couple of week and I had no issues with using Mint linux. Are you using the Code Snippets in the boxes on the page to get the packages?

Alucard
    Participant

mkaszuba

I did exactly and follow all the instructions in the video tutorial which is using the Code Snippets in the boxes on the page to get the packages

one thing to add is my Laptop is old and could it be the graphical card is the problem ?

mkaszuba
    Participant

Alucard, Video card is key. I repeat that i had no issues following the Complete Installation guide with my Linux Mint. I am able to launch the application in my Thinkpad T530 (core i5, 8 gigs ram and built in video card) but the application is not usable in any sense of the word. I just use the setup for my scripting practices. The Application launches okay without any colour mapping, but it never actually completes any topographical map changes. Way to slow . Also when I try to make it rain…. nothing happens. It can’t handle the load. Do you get an error when you try to launch the application? What errors are you getting? what switches are you using?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.