Custom Changes to Files

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Custom Changes to Files

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ChrisVeale
    Participant

Hi All.

I have picked up several script files from the forum (thanks to ajy00, Oliver and mkaszuba) and have added the script executor to toggle between the scripts.

In running these I notice that this pops a new skin on the water layer which is very cool, however I would like to change the “viscosity” as well. I am hopefully capable of editing the code myself, but would really like a bit of direction where to look to see if this is possible to script out so that it doesn’t interrupt the actual water simulation model.

I would also like to know where I could change the localwatertool, currently a “relatively” large circle of water is produced when this is utilised, and I was thinking I could reduce the size of the rain area down, and then I could utilise this function not as local rain, rather mimic a spring or a continual water source?

I see there is a suggestion for this in the “feature wish list” forum with changing viscosity and also altering the behavior for snow, so am more than happy to contribute if I can get it coded 🙂

very excited shortly to attempt an upgrade so I can wrap the tool in the DEM function…very applicable for our use

great stuff Oliver and team, this is amazing and grest fun 🙂

Oliver Kreylos

There is a dialog box where you can change “viscosity” interactively. Bring it up through SARndbox’s main menu (right mouse button). For scripting, you can send commands, including changing water simulation parameters, through SARndbox’s command pipe. See this post; the “viscosity” setting is water attenuation. The default attenuation is 0.078125, for lava you can use something like 0.9.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.