Depth lines not lining up

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Depth lines not lining up

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have recalibrated the ARS unit several times, measuring the corners and extracting the plane equation as well before doing the 12 (or 24) calibration points. I leveled the sand to begin calibration, and then I dig a valley and press 2 to recapture the background. The screen turns red momentarily, then it continues on with the calibration. At the end, the red crosshairs line up with the calibration tool, but the second I move the CD with the lines on it, the red crosshairs disappear. I go ahead and run the sandbox, but the contour lines are all blue below a certain level in the sandbox, and anything above that line has appropriate contour line coloration. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sean Robinson
    Participant

Welcome to the forum.

press 2 to recapture the background. The screen turns red momentarily, then it continues on with the calibration. At the end, the red crosshairs line up with the calibration tool,

This all sounds good. I assume by “screen”, you mean the sand surface. I believe you are saying you are also capturing some tie points in that valley. You do want some points below the nominal sand surface.

but the second I move the CD with the lines on it, the red crosshairs disappear.

Do the red lines reappear if you put the CD back where it did have the red crosshairs?

I go ahead and run the sandbox, but the contour lines are all blue below a certain level in the sandbox, and anything above that line has appropriate contour line coloration. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I think you are seeing what it should look like. If you change the offset value for the plane equation in BoxLayout.txt to a more negative number, does the blue go away and white covers the top of higher elevations? If you change the offset to a less negative number, does everything appear only blue?

Some example numbers:

Just after calibration.
    (normal_x, normal_y, normal_z), -98.625

Lower “sea level” to get “snow” on mountain peaks.
    (normal_x, normal_y, normal_z), -108.625

Raise “sea level” to show only blue on the sand.
    (normal_x, normal_y, normal_z), -78.625

Let me know if you have further questions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.