Different Colours/Patterns for Children's museum

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Different Colours/Patterns for Children's museum

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BlueJayLouche
    Participant

Hi,

My name is Andrew, I work for the Melbourne Museum in Victoria, Australia.

We are currently redeveloping the children’s gallery, and I am the lead multimedia technician on the project.

The designers were very excited about the possibilities of this interactive display and asked me to prototype it, which I have done.

A few issues were raised. The main one being that there is no way we are going to be able to keep kids (0-5 yo) from throwing the sand across the rest of the gallery.

Have there been any interesting workarounds for this in the past?
    We have considered using pom-poms and other larger “building materials” and the designers have settled on wanting to use white Duplo.

I have explained that this will work, to a point. in that there will be an effect of different colour at different heights, but that it probably won’t be especially interesting.

To combat that I have suggested projecting patterns, such as polka dots or tiger striges, but I do not know if this is even an option.

Can anyone advise if and how this would be achieved, or any other viable solutions to the above issues?

Thanks very much for your time,
    Andrew

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by BlueJayLouche.
    BlueJayLouche
    Participant

Anyone?

bcam
    Participant

What about setting it up with a plexiglass enclosure and using hazmat-style gloves so children could reach in and “mold” the sand (the same way CDC works with viruses) while still not throwing it out of the area?

Not sure if the glass would significantly impact the light source, though. Perhaps there simply wouldn’t be a top, but the sides would be raised enough to prevent children reach-ins?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.