Dual Displays

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Dual Displays

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RodgerHoll 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jKrienert
    Participant

Does anyone know if it would be possible to run a seamless dual sandbox setup?
    Ergo, if two sensors were positioned appropriately with their respective projectors, could one workstation handle a long rectangular sand box ‘flume’ (2 x 4:3 = 8:3)?

Past and future thanks,

Rob Reynolds
    Participant

Yes, I have. I’ll try to post some photos on this. If it doesn’t work, email me at
    rreynolds@zephyrmarine.org
    About 1 1/2 years ago I ran real water in a 40×30 box (clips on our website). Really cool because the camera sees through the water and you can see the bathymetry. The latest photos I have are of a dual system (80 inches long, but just dry). I am about to do some runs with real water again (in the 80 inch). I use a small boat bilge pump to cycle the water. If anyone wants to try it, you might contact me as I learned a few tricks.
    (The reason the match looks a little funny is that one projector is 3000 lumens, the other 3200. Got to fix that.)
    Rob
    Zephyr Education Foundation
    Woods Hole, MA
    http://www.zephyrmarine.org

Rob Reynolds
    Participant

You can see our flume with double (side-by-side) systems at http://zephyrmarine.org/2016/06/21/june-news/ It is located at Zephyr Education Foundation, Woods Hole, MA

RodgerHoll
    Participant

Rob
    Just confirming that this is 2 separate sandboxes running side by side, 2 CPU’s… I can see the kinects and projectors.

Looks like you have one of them running from a laptop. Could you share the specs on the laptop?

Rodger

Rob Reynolds
    Participant

Confirm that its 2 complete systems. email me directly if you want
    rreynolds@zephyrmarine.org
    Laptop spec;
    XM-5 – 15.6″ Full HD Laptop
    Case Xidax XM-5 Chassis – 15.6″ Full HD – Intel® HM170 Express Chipset
    Processor 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Processor – (6M Cache, up to 2.60GHz – 3.5Ghz)
    Memory 16GB – Signature Series 1600MHz DDR3 – (2x8GB SODIMM)
    Wireless Card Single Band Wireless N Network Card – Internal 802.11 B/G/N Wireless LAN + Bluetooth Combo
    Weight 6.39 LBs with Battery Pack –
    Warranty 2-Year Laptop Parts & Labor Warranty – 2-Year Laptop Parts & Labor Warranty
    Screen 15.6″ HD LED-Backlit Display –
    Battery Smart Li-ION Battery Pack –
    Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M – 2GB DDR5 VRAM – Discover desktop-class gaming on a notebook with GeForce GTX 960M.
    HDD/SSD Western Digital Black 500GB – 7200RPM 2.5″ HDD
    CPU Paste Standard CPU Thermal Paste –
    OS Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit –

RodgerHoll
    Participant

Thank you for the info.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.