Dual Displays

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Dual Displays

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RodgerHoll 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know if it would be possible to run a seamless dual sandbox setup?
    Ergo, if two sensors were positioned appropriately with their respective projectors, could one workstation handle a long rectangular sand box ‘flume’ (2 x 4:3 = 8:3)?

Past and future thanks,

Rob Reynolds

Yes, I have. I’ll try to post some photos on this. If it doesn’t work, email me at
    About 1 1/2 years ago I ran real water in a 40×30 box (clips on our website). Really cool because the camera sees through the water and you can see the bathymetry. The latest photos I have are of a dual system (80 inches long, but just dry). I am about to do some runs with real water again (in the 80 inch). I use a small boat bilge pump to cycle the water. If anyone wants to try it, you might contact me as I learned a few tricks.
    (The reason the match looks a little funny is that one projector is 3000 lumens, the other 3200. Got to fix that.)
    Zephyr Education Foundation
    Woods Hole, MA

Rob Reynolds

You can see our flume with double (side-by-side) systems at http://zephyrmarine.org/2016/06/21/june-news/ It is located at Zephyr Education Foundation, Woods Hole, MA

Just confirming that this is 2 separate sandboxes running side by side, 2 CPU’s… I can see the kinects and projectors.

Looks like you have one of them running from a laptop. Could you share the specs on the laptop?

Rob Reynolds

Confirm that its 2 complete systems. email me directly if you want
    Laptop spec;
    XM-5 – 15.6″ Full HD Laptop
    Case Xidax XM-5 Chassis – 15.6″ Full HD – Intel® HM170 Express Chipset
    Processor 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Processor – (6M Cache, up to 2.60GHz – 3.5Ghz)
    Memory 16GB – Signature Series 1600MHz DDR3 – (2x8GB SODIMM)
    Wireless Card Single Band Wireless N Network Card – Internal 802.11 B/G/N Wireless LAN + Bluetooth Combo
    Weight 6.39 LBs with Battery Pack –
    Warranty 2-Year Laptop Parts & Labor Warranty – 2-Year Laptop Parts & Labor Warranty
    Screen 15.6″ HD LED-Backlit Display –
    Battery Smart Li-ION Battery Pack –
    Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M – 2GB DDR5 VRAM – Discover desktop-class gaming on a notebook with GeForce GTX 960M.
    HDD/SSD Western Digital Black 500GB – 7200RPM 2.5″ HDD
    CPU Paste Standard CPU Thermal Paste –
    OS Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit –

Thank you for the info.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.