Error when running KinectUtil

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Error when running KinectUtil

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Foreconcious
    Participant

Hello, when I attempt to run KinectUtil or RawKinectViewer I get the error `USB::Device::claimInterface: Interface 0 is already claimed’

pepperell ed
    Participant

I have the same issue, had the sandbox running on a borrowed laptop and I cannot get it working on a PC, how did you fix this?

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

Which version of the Kinect camera do you have? Could you copy the output from KinectUtil list here?

pepperell ed
    Participant

I am Running a HP Z600 PC Intel Xeon CPU E5520@2.27GHz X4
    Graphics Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV710 (DRM 2.43.0,LLVM 3.8.0)

Running Ubuntu 16.04LTS
    the Kinect camera is a model 1414
    the error I get is due to exception: USB::Device::claimInterface:Interface 0 is already claimed.

last night I completely removed the sandbox app and I plan on re-downloading it when I return to the box tomorrow.
    What I was getting was the black screen with the red box in the lower left corner.
    the setup and calibration worked fine.

here are the questions
    1) can this PC run the sandbox with the water feature (or without the water feature)
    2) if so, what version Ubuntu and what version AR sandbox should I install and
    3) what software for the Kinect as well?

Thank you for your time,
    Ed

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

1) Probably not. Your CPU might barely cut it, but the graphics card is ten years old.

2) and 3) Your Ubuntu version should be OK, and you should use the current head versions of the software packages (SARndbox 2.3, Kinect 3.3, Vrui 4.3-001).

The interface error is either a hardware problem with the Kinect or the PC’s USB controller, or something in the operating system. Try running KinectUtil reset all and see if that fixes it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.