Errors in Per-Pixel Depth Correction

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Errors in Per-Pixel Depth Correction

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dan Tamas
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have some issues with the per pixel depth correction.
    When I try to use Calibrate Depth Lens tool the error says:
    “Could not calculate depth correction coefficients due to exception Attempt to solve linear system with rank-deficient matrix.”
    If I insist a bit more, it writes the following in the terminal:
    “Writing depth correction file /usr/local/etc/Vrui-4.2/Kinect-3.2/DepthCorrection-A70776X06644234A.dat”
    and gives the following error:
    Could not calculate depth correction coefficients due to exception IO::StandardFile: Unable to open file/usr/local/etc/Vrui-4.2/Kinect-3.2/DepthCorrection-A70776X06644234A.dat for writing due to error 13 (Permission denied)

Does anyone know how to solve the issue? I really need the correction as I am using the software to export DEM’s for analogue modeling experiments.

Thanks,
    Dan

Oliver Kreylos

While capturing depth images, make sure that you have at least two different images covering each pixel (as the per-pixel equations are linear regressions).

The error you’re seeing is a side effect of installing the Kinect package in a system directory. Use sudo ./bin/RawKinectViewer ... to run the application under an administrator account to get around it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.