Failed to install Mint 18.1

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Failed to install Mint 18.1

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  liudr 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

liudr
    Participant

I am new to the sandbox project but I’m intrigued by the videos I saw. I know how to install linux but never tried Mint before. Tried to install Mint on an i5 desktop and it always failed the same way. Right around progress bar showing grub2, an error came out saying the installer crashed and I will be allowed to file a bug report after I close the message. When I do close the message, the whole thing is gone, no where to see error message or file bug report. I tried installing from a flash drive and DVD. Neither way worked and installing in compatibility mode didn’t help. I thought maybe that mode is to install as MBR and the general install is using UEFI. Anyway, has anyone recently installed Mint 18.1 with similar issue? I’m downloading 18.0 meanwhile to see if this version installs.

liudr
    Participant

OK I found some similar errors being reported by Mint users. Disconnected ethernet cable and install succeed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.