GL Error and No water formation

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum GL Error and No water formation

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fzanca 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Chrisss
    Participant

I am runnging the software on Ubuntu 14.10 and the main SARndBox program works however, while running the program, I get a constant stream of GL errors: “GL error: Unknown error 1286”

I also can not create water either with my hand using the kinect or on the computer with the “Add Water” toolbar.

thanks

Chrisss
    Participant

My graphics card is the Intel Iris Pro 1536 mb. And I am running Linux on a duel booted iMac Late 2013. I tired to download the drivers, and reinstall all programs but still not working.
    There is also a: “GL error: Invalid operation” when I try to use the “Tool Selection Menu” even when I just scroll over the options.

Thanks

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

Intel’s on-chip graphics processors, such as the Iris Pro, won’t be powerful enough to run the AR Sandbox’s water simulation, and the GL error you’re seeing has the same root cause. You can get rid of it by disabling water simulation via SARndbox’s command line, by adding -ws 0 0.

The GL error when bringing up any user interface component is also related, but doesn’t affect functionality. If it gets annoying, you can re-route error output from the program to the bitbucket by adding 2> /dev/null to the very end of the graphics program’s command line.

fzanca
    Participant

I’m having the same problem that Chrisss. My graphics card is a AMD Radeon HD 6450. It works well with the water?

I´m using FEDORA 21…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  fzanca.

Chrisss
    Participant

Some more info: It is possible to run off these GPUs because I was able to get the software working on an iMac late 2014. There are no errors and it works fine– the water can be lagy at times.

*Now that I switched the same computer over to Ubuntu, I get the error explained above, It must be a driver error and I am working on it now!

I’ll keep you updated.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

You are probably running the open-source “radeon” driver. There is an alternative driver directly from AMD called “fglrx.” That one should work. You should be able to find installation instructions online. I don’t use AMD cards myself, so I can’t help directly.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

If your Iris Pro ran water simulation under Mac OS X, but not under Ubuntu, then this is something I have to fix in my code. The Linux Intel driver is “special” in how it handles framebuffers, and I never put dedicated Intel support into my code because I expected it wouldn’t work anyway. I’ll see if this is something I can add easily.

Chrisss
    Participant

Awesome! That would be great. If you need any other information to aid you in this process let me know. I can send you any specs or misc. info you need about the computer or how the program is running.

Thanks!

– Chris

fzanca
    Participant

Hi Oliver! Tks for your help!

I left the FEDORA and installed Linux Mint. I left the notebook (dell) and we are using a desktop (dell).
    The water worked.

Now, tell me what is more important to the performance of the simulation of water. The video card or processor? Only with the video card that you suggest water works perfectly?

There is some variation of command -ws 0 0.0?

The water is very slow. frame by frame…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.