GL error!

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum GL error!

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  snerual 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

snerual
    Participant

Hi,

When I try to run the AR sandbox I get this error (second line):

vrhousedev@vrhousedev-GL503VS ~/src/SARndbox-2.5 $ ./bin/SARndbox -uhm -fpv
    GLWindow::setVsyncInterval: Unable to set synch interval to 1 due to GL error 5

The AR sandbox does start, however, at a really low framerate (about 4fps). I have a dedicated PC with Nvidia geforce gtx

I also ran the following:

lspci | grep VGA
    vrhousedev@vrhousedev-GL503VS ~/src/SARndbox-2.5 $ lspci | grep VGA
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1be1 (rev a1)

vrhousedev@vrhousedev-GL503VS ~/src/SARndbox-2.5 $ glxinfo | grep vendor
    server glx vendor string: SGI
    client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
    OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.

Does anybody have a solution to make the AR sandbox run at higher frame rate?

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  snerual.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.

It looks like you are running the AR Sandbox from inside a virtual machine. That won’t work (or only yield extremely low frame rates), as the AR Sandbox does not get access to the physical graphics card.

snerual
    Participant

HI Oliver,

Thank you for your reply. I am not running it from inside a virtual machine. I installed Linux on the laptop and can start this from the boot menu.

Kind regards,
    Laurens

snerual
    Participant

When I use:

sudo dmidecode | grep Product

It results in:

Product Name: GL503VS

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

In that case, you didn’t install the Nvidia driver, or something went wrong during its installation. Without the driver, the grapbics card won’t be used.

snerual
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have a feeling that that is the problem too. The computer does not seem to succesfully install and use the recommended nvidia driver. When I open Nvidia-settings, there is not info there after I installed it, so it seems that it fails to install this driver.

I already tried installing other Nvidia drivers that should be suitable for the PC, but this does not work as well. I will give it a try now on another PC to see if that works.

raviraushan01
    Participant

Try different method. WiFi Names I already tried installing other Nvidia drivers that should be suitable for the PC, but this does not work as well. I will give it a try now on another PC to see if that works.

jasdeep09
    Participant

try to run it from inside a virtual machine. try to watch movies install Linux on the laptop, try different methods

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.