Help out a noob, please!!!

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Help out a noob, please!!!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BrettMusgrave 2 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Okay, so I have successfully built an AR Sandbox table and it IS functioning!
    The instructions and videos on this forum were amazing and fairly simple to follow.
    My problem is that I have ZERO experience in programming/script writing, etc.
    My plan with this table is to be able to take it to a couple local schools for a week or so each and then for it to find a permanent home in my wife’s 3rd grade classroom.
    At this point I have a working sandbox but I really don’t know how to use it’s features. I start the program and let the kids play.

What I need help with is some child like instructions on functions, lol.

Here’s my goals/ list of things I need help with.
    1:I’d like to know the best way to make it rain.
    2:How do I drain the water?
    3: I purchased a 4 button USB button thing. I’d like to use the 4 buttons to make it rain, drain water, change from water to lava and back.
    4: I need this setup to run like a kiosk so that the teachers can just plug it in and turn it on when I am not around.
    5: Where do I find info on those world location things? I had seen something in a video about projecting a plot and adjusting the sand to match and then overlaying a satellite image.

Sorry for being so helpless. It took a lot of work for me to get to this point and I really don’t want to do something that will mess up the work I have managed to complete so far. Being that I am such a novice I know that if I mess something up I will pretty much need to go back to step one and start over.

Thanks for any help/input.

Rob Reynolds

send me an email we have set up a library of lesson plans on google drive (still early days though). Also, you can see our instructional video about things to do

Hi Rob,

I will be sending you an email as well… Thanks in advance…

Hello Rob,

why not publish the instructions or links here so we all can benefit.

Thanks, Rob! I’ll do that. I did see something when looking in to these that you had this info. My next step was to look for it again. Thanks for saving me a step!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.