HID interface

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum HID interface

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  an4rchy4 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

an4rchy4
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m trying program a couple dedicated buttons for drain/fill on my ARSanbox build.

I purchased one of these, and it is recognized as a HID device in Linux Mint Cinnamon.

My question is, how do I map the HID inputs to perform drain/fill events in ARSandbox? I’ve tried using qjoypad to map the buttons, but I can’t get the configuration UI open.

Thanks for the help!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  an4rchy4.

Ross
    Participant

Hi an4rchy4
    Had a look at something similar myself, from the specification on your link the device is supported by numerous versions of Windows OS.
    What one would hope is this means is that programming the HID device settings and buttons have to be done in a windows environment where the device setup can run, but after the programming is complete the device will operate as a HID device with USB support and be recognised properly in mint.
    Hope this helps.

an4rchy4
    Participant

Just to update on this, I was able to figure out my issue. After doing some more research on keyboard emulation software, I came across Antimicro. To be more specific, I found that the board I purchased appears to linux as a joystick/gamepad HID device with an 8-way d-pad and 10 buttons. Antimicro allows for the gamepad buttons to be mapped to any keyboard button or key combo from within linux.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.