How do I Enter my password into the udev directory?

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum How do I Enter my password into the udev directory?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ross Heeb 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ross Heeb
    Participant

I ran Make installdevrule and it says this; Installing Kinect device permission udev rule in /etc/udev/rules.d
    Please enter your password to copy the rule file into the udev directory

How do I enter my Password.

SHoukes
    Participant

Hi Ross, if you see that text in Terminal, you can immediately type your password and press enter. You do not see any asterisks * – just trust that you are pressing the right keys.

alpharesearch
    Participant

The terminal remembers if you enter the sudo password multiple times for a short time. So if you work through the whole install instruction in a short time it will not ask you and just copy the file with the right permissions. Everything should be fine, you can close the terminal and open a new terminal go back to the directory and execute the command again and this time it will ask for the password.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  alpharesearch.

Ross Heeb
    Participant

When it ask me for the password it’s opens a new line of code and when I try to enter its says (my password) command not found

alpharesearch
    Participant

Of course it does this because it completes the command without you needing to enter the password again. Now you are back to the normal command line, you can see that because it starts with a dollar sign. Don’t worry, I just installed this last weekend and I was confused at this message as well.

Ross Heeb
    Participant

So all you do is enter you password after the new line of code?

Ross Heeb
    Participant

Because when I enter it it says (password): command not found.

Ross Heeb
    Participant

Know my Kinetic is responding with $ ~/Vrui-3.1/bin/KinectUtil getCalib 0
    terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::runtime_error’
    what(): Kinect::Camera::Camera: Less than 0 Kinect camera devices detected
    Aborted

I check another forum but I didn’t understand fully could anyone help?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.