How to control the rain function

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum How to control the rain function

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mpk7676
    Participant

Hello,
    My advisor and I at Mississippi State University have everything set up and running correctly, without any problems. However, we wanted to see if there is a way to have greater control over the rain function? Specifically, what we would like to do is two-fold: 1)be able to turn off the rain on-demand because when you are doing demonstrations in the sandbox your hands and arms accidentally drop rain, and gets a little annoying; 2)adjust the viscosity of the rainwater because it is a little more viscous than we would like to represent water – it almost looks more like a runny jelly.
    Please let me know if you have had any experience manipulating either of these functions. Thanks for your support and for pioneering this fantastic technology!

Best,
    Michael

emmagallegos
    Participant

Hello Michael,

What I have been doing to minimize the rain while demonstrating is just holding the evaporation button while talking and moving. I know it’s not fancy, but it keeps things from getting too messy. I have also been using a thin stick like a dowel to point. I use a bigger stick to control where I want the rain to go when I’m demonstrating it, especially in larger groups. While these aren’t anything new or exciting, it’s how I’ve been getting along! Best of luck! If you come up with something better, let me know too!!

Cheers,
    Emma

mkaszuba
    Participant

Hi Micheal. Any luck with your experiments to adjusting the flow rate?

ARSnewbie
    Participant

Any updates on how to turn off the rain function temporarily when trying to illustrate only topographic concepts?

Oliver Kreylos

Add -ws 0.0 0 to SARndbox’s command line.

ARSnewbie
    Participant

When I try to add -ws 0.0 0 to the command line, I get the error message “Interface 0 is already claimed”. Where am I going wrong?

Oliver Kreylos

That’s an unrelated error to disabling water simulation. It usually means that your Kinect is already being used by another application. Check that there are no other instances of SARndbox or RawKinectViewer etc. still running. If the problem persists, reset your Kinect (KinectUtil reset all), or if that still doesn’t work, unplug and re-plug your Kinect.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.