Intrinsic calibration

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Intrinsic calibration

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ar_tu 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ar_tu
    Participant

Hello! I need help with Intrinsic Kinect Camera Calibration with Semi-transparent Grid.
    In my setup Linux mint 18.3 Sylvia, Kinect-3.2,SARndbox-2.3,Vrui-4.2-006, I have a problem in step of using grid tool. After fitting the first grid I receive this message from RawKinectViewer << Could not create tie point due undefined grid plane equation>> when pressing 2. What Am I Doing Wrong? All installations was done successfully. I really want to do the intrinsic calibration since the Sandbox should run very precise, because it’s gonna be set up as an exhibition piece in my university.
    I would be thrilled to get some suggestions.

zackffa
    Participant

Hey ar_tu, did you ever figure out what the issue here is?

I’m receiving the same error message with my RawKinectViewer when I attempt the intrinsic calibration.

Looks like there have been quite a few people over a couple years who have had this issue and it seems like it’s never been solved.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

I strongly recommend running your Kinect with factory calibration first, following the instructions (KinectUtil getCalib 0 command). Projector calibration should be able to handle most potential issues.

If you find that the alignment isn’t good enough, try doing a depth plane calibration next. It’s pretty simple, and potentially has a big effect. If that’s still not good enough, you might try intrinsic calibration, but it’s a pretty involved process.

ar_tu
    Participant

Thank you for the response! I actually continued the calibration and setup by skipping the intrinsic calibration before and the Sandbox is running and the alignment is also pretty good

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.