Is this a problem? -#4 on the installation

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Is this a problem? -#4 on the installation

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  barissise 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ebrownmn
    Participant

Hello all,

Thanks for the help on the last problem I had. Now I am getting this, when entering in the last step on #4 in the installation instructions:

ellie@ARS-Bulldog ~/src $ tar xfz Kinect-2.8-002.tar.gz
    ellie@ARS-Bulldog ~/src $ cd Kinect-2.8-002
    ellie@ARS-Bulldog ~/src/Kinect-2.8-002 $ make
    makefile:71: /home/ellie/Vrui-3.1/share/make/SystemDefinitions: No such file or directory
    makefile:72: /home/ellie/Vrui-3.1/share/make/Packages.System: No such file or directory
    makefile:73: /home/ellie/Vrui-3.1/share/make/Configuration.Vrui: No such file or directory
    makefile:74: /home/ellie/Vrui-3.1/share/make/Packages.Vrui: No such file or directory
    makefile:238: /home/ellie/Vrui-3.1/share/make/BasicMakefile: No such file or directory
    make: *** No rule to make target ‘/home/ellie/Vrui-3.1/share/make/BasicMakefile’. Stop.
    ellie@ARS-Bulldog ~/src/Kinect-2.8-002 $ make install
    makefile:71: /home/ellie/Vrui-3.1/share/make/SystemDefinitions: No such file or directory
    makefile:72: /home/ellie/Vrui-3.1/share/make/Packages.System: No such file or directory
    makefile:73: /home/ellie/Vrui-3.1/share/make/Configuration.Vrui: No such file or directory
    makefile:74: /home/ellie/Vrui-3.1/share/make/Packages.Vrui: No such file or directory
    makefile:238: /home/ellie/Vrui-3.1/share/make/BasicMakefile: No such file or directory
    make: *** No rule to make target ‘/home/ellie/Vrui-3.1/share/make/BasicMakefile’. Stop.
    ellie@ARS-Bulldog ~/src/Kinect-2.8-002 $ make installudevrule

It seems not good to have “no such file or directory” output. Is this a normal output or did something go wrong?

I haven’t hooked up the kinect yet because I still need a power adapter for it, so I don’t know if it works yet or not; hoping to fix any issues so that when the adapter arrives I can hit the ground running.

Edited to add: when I tried to run the example program in the terminal to see if everything was working, I got this, so it seems like things are not working properly:

ellie@ARS-Bulldog ~/src/SARndbox-1.6 $ $ cd ExamplePrograms
    $: command not found
    ellie@ARS-Bulldog ~/src/SARndbox-1.6 $ $ make
    $: command not found

Thanks!
    Ellie

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  ebrownmn.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

Please check the instructions again; in step 4, you need to download version 3.2 of the Kinect package instead of version 2.8. Version 2.8 looks for the Vrui installation in a different place. You could change that, but it is better to get the current Kinect package.

Regarding your edit: Don’t type the “$” signs at the beginning of lines; they are an indication for the terminal asking you to enter a command.

mdusterhoft
    Participant

I am having the same problem with step 4. I started from scratch and got this.

sandtable@sandtable ~/src $ cd Kinect-3.2
    sandtable@sandtable ~/src/Kinect-3.2 $ make
    makefile:87: /usr/local/share/Vrui-4.2/make/SystemDefinitions: No such file or directory
    makefile:88: /usr/local/share/Vrui-4.2/make/Packages.System: No such file or directory
    makefile:89: /usr/local/share/Vrui-4.2/make/Configuration.Vrui: No such file or directory
    makefile:90: /usr/local/share/Vrui-4.2/make/Packages.Vrui: No such file or directory
    make: /usr/local/share/Vrui-4.2/make/FindLibrary.sh: Command not found
    makefile:275: /usr/local/share/Vrui-4.2/make/BasicMakefile: No such file or directory
    make: *** No rule to make target ‘/usr/local/share/Vrui-4.2/make/BasicMakefile’. Stop.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

Did you run the Build-* script, or did you build Vrui manually? Check if there are Vrui-4.2 directories underneath /usr/local/etc and /usr/local/share. If there aren’t, go back into Vrui’s source directory and run “sudo make install.”

barissise
    Participant

i have same problem too. after clean linux mint installation and step #4 same error. in 2017 i havent any problem for install. i couldnt do this year

devan
    Participant

ha! interesting — i started a new topic on this at the same time you posted. 🙂 i almost put it here too but figured this one was slightly different.

i wonder if something is in the process of being updated and we happened to catch it midway.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

Please refer to this answer.

barissise
    Participant

Thank you so much Oliver. After edit both makefile its works now. Greetings

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.