Is this okay, or how do I fix this? (Kinect Intrinsic Calibration)

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Is this okay, or how do I fix this? (Kinect Intrinsic Calibration)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mikesmith32 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

marquant
    Participant

When I plugged in my Kinect, and tried ran this in the terminal:
    ~/Vrui-3.1/bin/KinectUtil getCalib 0

I got this as my output:
    lab@lab:~/src/SARndbox-1.5-001$ ~/Vrui-3.1/bin/KinectUtil getCalib 0
    terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::runtime_error’
    what(): Kinect::Camera::Camera: Less than 0 Kinect camera devices detected
    Aborted (core dumped)

is this okay, and can I continue with the rest, or what did I do wrong?

Please help.
    Thank you for your time,
    Marquant

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

The KinectUtil program can’t see your Kinect, and the SARndbox would then not be able to, either. You need to get this to work first. Try plugging your Kinect into a different USB port. Check the output of lsusb to see if you get something like this:

Bus 001 Device 061: ID 045e:02ae Microsoft Corp. Xbox NUI Camera
    Bus 001 Device 057: ID 045e:02b0 Microsoft Corp. Xbox NUI Motor
    Bus 001 Device 059: ID 045e:02ad Microsoft Corp. Xbox NUI Audio

If you do see that, but KinectUtil still doesn’t work, try KinectUtil reset all first. If that still doesn’t work, you might have a defective Kinect device.

mikesmith32
    Participant

Hello,

I am using the adapter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004S7GA46/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687742&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00JVI6BVY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0WRV754BKA4K863SC3R7) and I have concluded that it is not providing enough power to my Kinect. The green light on the Kinect is blinking sporadically and I get random outputs of the motor, audio, and camera when using the “lsusb” command.

I understand the solution of using a USB 3.0 PCI Express Card but for mobility I’m using the Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case. It supports only Mini ITX motherboard which have only one PCI-E X16 slot. My graphics card takes up the only slot and I cannot afford to purchase a new case and motherboard, so I need a different solution.

Is there any way I can get more power to the Kinect through the Power Supply AC Cable Adapter? Could I possibly rewire or modify the circuitry to provide more power? I am open to any ideas or solutions you guys can think of.

Power Supply – CS450M
    Graphics Card – GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    CPU – Intel Pentium G3258 LGA1150 socket
    Motherboard – ASrock H81M-ITX
    Kinect Model – 1414

Thank you for the help,
    Mike

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.