Issues and errors

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Issues and errors

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Andrenichrome
    Participant

Basically i am testing this against the wall without a sandbox at this stage. So horizontally not vertically. Shouldn’t mak a difference at this stage.

Without having it exactly aligned when running it i get the following error:
    Cannot fix projector view due to exception IO::StandardFile: Unable to open file /home/ardadmin/src/SARndbox-1.5-001/etc/SARndbox-1.5/ProjectorMatrix.dat for reading due to error 2
    0.155481 x 0.15066
    Segmentation fault

Could anyone help with this?? I am using a MacBook (32bit). Could this bart of the problem? Is a 64bit computer required?

Also, another small but minor issue (maybe not so minor), I cannot get the screen to go full screen. Using Linux Mint on a MacBook. In Keyboard shortcuts there’s no mention of full screen toggle.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

The error means that the projector calibration matrix that’s created as part of final calibration doesn’t exist yet (I assume you haven’t run that step yet). You can run the sandbox without, but you have to leave off the -fpv command line argument. In that mode, the topography is drawn as a regular 3D surface, and you can use mouse and keyboard to rotate, translate, and scale it. See the Vrui Application User Guide for details.

Did you install Linux Mint according to the instruction video, i.e., using Mate as a desktop environment? Then the fullscreen shortcut should be there.

If you installed another desktop environment, it might not be. In that case, you can force the sandbox to start in fullscreen mode by creating a new file Vrui.cfg inside the /home/ardadmin/src/SARndbox-1.5-001/ directory, with the following (exact) contents:

section Vrui
      section Desktop
        section Window
          windowFullscreen true
        endsection
      endsection
    endsection

If you then run the sandbox as follows:

$ cd /home/ardadmin/src/SARndbox-1.5-001
    $ ./bin/SARndbox

(adding the usual command line parameters), it will start in fullscreen.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.