Keeps thinking the Kinect is disconnected

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Keeps thinking the Kinect is disconnected

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rhaupt 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rhaupt
    Participant

I am working on my second build for the sandbox and have been having an issue that I didn’t experience with my first build. When I plug in the USB for the Kinect and run KinectUtil list it only occasionally will recognize the Kinect. This problem persists with other Kinect programs as well. When I run RawKinectViewer it will go for a few seconds then freeze and when I quit the program the terminal gives the following error, “Caught exception USB::Device:: writeControl: Device has been disconnected”

Everything is physically plugged in, and the Kinect works fine on the other computer. The main difference is the original setup is a PC running Linux Mint whereas the new computer is an iMac running Yosemite 10.10.5.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and might know how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Ryan

rhaupt
    Participant

I have tested two different Kinnects on all the available USB ports and am still receiving the same problem. Does anyone have any insight that might be able to help me? Thanks!

rhaupt
    Participant

Another update. I have now installed all the software on a totally different iMac and am encountering the same issue. Would really really appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.

daparret
    Participant

At the beginning of the installation thread posted in March, Oliver wrote, “Due to increasing weirdness in recent versions of Mac OS X (starting with 10.7), I can no longer recommend Mac computers and Mac OS X to drive AR Sandbox installations.”
    I am nearly Apple illiterate and I don’t keep up with their OS updates but this would be my best guess. Best of luck and wish I could be of more help.

rhaupt
    Participant

Then that is probably the issue, some hidden ghost in the machine. I appreciate the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.