Keyboard shortcut for shaders

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Keyboard shortcut for shaders

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  tomlava 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tomlava
    Participant

I have set up the .fs shader files for lava, ice, snow, etc in the /Shaders directory. In the same /Shaders directory I set up the .sh scripts to copy the desired .fs shader file to the SurfaceAddWaterColor.fs file used by the program. When I am running the SARndbox program, I can manually run these scripts in a terminal or by clicking the .sh file in the window, and they all work as expected. The shader changes in real time.

However, I cannot seem to get a keyboard shortcut to work. For example, I mapped F2 to run the switch-to-lava.sh and when I press F2 in the program, nothing happens. I tried running the scripts from the home directory, I made sure they are all executable, and I even changed the shortcut to run a non-existent script which throws an error. But nothing at all happens when I press those function keys!

Can anyone help? Running Linux Mint 17.3 w MATE.

Thanks in advance, what a fun project. My physics and earth science students are really enjoying it.

tomlava
    Participant

I found this thread, will try it out later, hopefully will work.

http://lakeviz.org/forums/topic/shortcut-command/

tomlava
    Participant

The above link worked, thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.