Kinect Intrinsic Calibration Issue

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Kinect Intrinsic Calibration Issue

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Oliver Kreylos 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Wange
    Participant

Hello!

I am trying to intrinsically calibrate a Kinect for an AR Sandbox but I am getting the issue “could not create the point due to undefined grid plane equation” when I try to save the grid. I am currently following this video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo05LVxdlfo ). Any help is appreciated! 🙂

Thanks!!!

sbilich
    Participant

I am having the exact same issue. Oliver, can you please save us?

steve3
    Participant

Same issue here. It is as though the RawKinectViewer wants to plane equation in BoxLayout.txt but can’t find it. Please help.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

I strongly recommend not doing intrinsic calibration. The factory calibration parameters downloaded via KinectUtil getCalib 0 are fine for the sandbox, as color calibration isn’t used.

If you do not like the alignment you are getting in the end, the first step to fix it is depth lens calibration, which is comparatively easy.

steve3
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply Oliver. I’ve been following the install directions from the readme files located in the vrui, kinect, and arsandbox installs. Is there a better set of directions to follow as these seem to all recommend the intrinsic calibration?

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

The complete installation instructions on this site don’t mention custom intrinsic calibration (going the KinectUtil getCalib 0 route instead), and I added a specific recommendation against it to the SARndbox package’s README file for the next release.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.