Kinect V2 Setup

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Kinect V2 Setup

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  williamHsu 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nkcomys
    Participant

Hi Oliver Kreylos,

I have Kinect V2 for Windows, Model 1656
    But not work on new Kinect 3.3

After few hour to test…

I need edit some code to add this model to work with Kinect 3.3 library:

In CameraV2.cpp, KinectV2CameraMatcher class, line 88

return dd.idVendor==0x045eU&&(dd.idProduct==0x02c4U||dd.idProduct==0x02d8U);

In KinectUtil.cpp, KinectMatcher class, line 54

return dd.idVendor==0x045eU&&(dd.idProduct==0x02aeU||dd.idProduct==0x02bfU||dd.idProduct==0x02c4U||dd.idProduct==0x02d8U);

In KinectUtil.cpp, KinectModel detectKinectModel(USB::Device& kinect), line 68

if(dd.idProduct==0x02c4U||dd.idProduct==0x02d8U)

In 69-Kinect.rules, add at bottom

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="045e", ATTRS{idProduct}=="02d8", TAG+="uaccess"

after rebuild the library, I can view the depth cam & real camera on RawKinectViewer.
    But not work beautify in AR Sandbox.

Foreconcious
    Participant

Did you get any further with getting the Kinect V2 to work with sandbox ar. I am struggling to even get RawKinectViewer to work depsite making your adjustments.

williamHsu
    Participant

hi~ so i m useing kinect 3.3 // saendbox2.3 // vrui-4.3-001 and kinect V2 (1595) , but can’t work~ ~~ i saw the website write this ” Note: The second-generation Kinect (Kinect for Xbox One or Kinect for Windows v2) is not yet supported by the AR Sandbox software.” so is V2 can work now? is there any detailed step-by-step installation instructions for V2? thx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.