Last few steps issues

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Last few steps issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mhorton92586
    Participant

I’ve run through the calibration several times and still get “Cannot fix projector view due to exception IO::StandardFile: Unable to open file /home/sandbox/src/SARndbox-1.6/etc/SARndbox-1.6/ProjectorMatrix.dat for reading due to error 2 0.155481 x 0.15066”

I’ve tried it without -fpv and I just get a flat area with a couple of diagonal lines, but no reaction to changes in the surface or arms put into the field of view.

One thing that I notice during calibration is that I do not get the red cross-hairs at all. The circle turns green (except when I dig under the sand), when I press the button, the crosshairs move, but it just keeps going and going and never ends. In the video, he just hits esc and runs the software. But that doesn’t work for me.

Any ideas?

Mike

GeoKicak
    Participant

Had a similar problem with never ending calibration ( no red laser cross at the end).

If you are stuck in calibration and no red cross appears it means the soft has insufficient spatial data to end the calibration process.

The solution we found for this problem was while calibrating we used varying heights for calibration (the faze with the cd on a stick).

First measurement at ~20 cm above the ground, Second ~ 50 cm a.t.g., Third on the ground surface, for the Fourth one we dug a 30 cm hole etc.

Try taking the measurements at varying heights to get a big amplitude of points in 3 dimensions for calibration 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by GeoKicak.
    mhorton92586
    Participant

Thanks. I think that we figured it out . . .but of course more problems followed.

I believe that our issue with the lack of red cross was because our Kinect camera is high and it picks up objects up to 2 feet outside of the sandbox. We noticed that sometimes, the green circle appeared on the assistant’s head. I had my calibration assistant stand as far back as possible and stretch out her arm and we were able to get the red cross finally. It was fairly close to the center of the target.

But . . . I still cannot get the software to work. It does exactly the same thing as before with or without the water simulation turned on.

Here’s what it looks like:
    Sandbox
    Here’s what the computer screen looks like:
    Computer Screen

I opened the ProjectorMatrix.dat file to see if there was anything in it and it was just gibberish. Is that normal?

Thanks!
    Mike

mhorton92586
    Participant
    GeoKicak
    Participant

Hmm,

run lspci in the terminal
    lspci
    or
    sudo lshw -short
    so we see what are the specs of your hardware ‘cus I smell AMD style of a problem with OpenGl implementation or something in that direction :/

mhorton92586
    Participant

You are probably correct. I’m not near it right now, but I believe that it has an AMD Radeon. It is something similar to a Toshiba Satellite c655.

Any way to get it to run? Or is a new laptop the only choice?

GeoKicak
    Participant

Try running
    glxgears
    to see if you have 3D acceleration but I know little of AMD diagnostics 😛
    Try scouring through
    http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Main_Page
    for more info.

mhorton92586
    Participant

It is an AMD Radeon HD 6310.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.