Linux noob with a GeForce GTX 1060

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Linux noob with a GeForce GTX 1060

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  acsomerville 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

acsomerville
    Participant

Hey everyone!

I’m running into a few issues with my graphics card working on my linux mint operating system.
    I am running the AR Sandbox software on the following hardware:

iBUYPOWER – Desktop
    Intel Core i7
    16GB Memory
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    120GB Solid State Drive + 1TB Hard Drive

I downloaded and installed latest Linux distribution:

LinuxMint 18.1 Serena

We’ve followed the step by step instructions and keep on getting the same error messages every time we try to run the Sandbox program:

Caught exception GLContext: GLX extension not supported on display :0 while initializing rendering window 0
    Caught exception Vrui::startDisplay: Could not create all rendering windows while initializing rendering windows

We followed the instructions in the video to the T and we are trying to use the following driver:

nvidia-375
    Version 375.66-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

We are able to get the topographical map to display correctly (after much calibration) but only on the default open source driver provided by Linux. As everyone here knows the graphics capabilities are not enough to produce the water simulator and rain maker generation which is a big part of the Sandbox build.

In my research I have found that nvidia graphics cards are difficult to run compatibly with Linux software and I was wondering if there were other open source material I could install to help run the software correctly. I have invested a lot of time into researching Bumble Bee and Primus but I am having a difficult time in implementing these because unlike this forum there are really no step by step instructional videos on how to install them.

If anyone knows anything about nvidia graphics cards and could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

All the Best,

acsomerville

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.