make Kinect-3.2

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum make Kinect-3.2

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  siki 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

siki
    Participant

Building Kinect-3.2 the jpeg library missing from
    /usr/bin/g++ -o bin/KinectUtil …
    /usr/bin/g++ -o bin/RawKinectViewer …
    /usr/bin/g++ -o bin/KinectServer …
    /usr/bin/g++ -o bin/KinectViewer …

Adding -ljpeg to the end of the command fixes the problem. Without jpeg library you get
    undefined reference to `jpeg_…’
    messages.

siki
    Participant

The same true for SARndbox-2.3 in case of
    CalibrateProjector

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

Adding -ljpeg manually might fix the build issue, but the root cause is that Vrui’s build system did not detect the jpeg library on your system when you built Vrui, otherwise the jpeg library would have been linked in automatically. This will cause issues later.

Please run make in Vrui’s source directory again and look for either “JPG image file format enabled” or “JPG image file format disabled”. If you get the “enabled” message, there’s a bug. If you get “disabled,” but you still have libjpeg and adding -ljpeg works, please let me know your OS distro and version, and the exact version of libjpeg you have installed.

siki
    Participant

Thanks for your answer.
    I made a mistake. After building Vrui-4.2-006 I noticed no libjpeg-dev installed on my Ubuntu 16.04 box, but forget to rebuild Vrui after installing libjpeg-dev (some header files were missed building Kinect-3.2).
    After “make clean”, and rebuilding Vrui and Kinect, it works without any problem.

As looking over the Vrui make output I noticed Multithreaded rendering is disabled. What libraries should I install to enable multithreading?

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

Multithreaded rendering is a faster way to drive multiple displays from multiple graphics cards. It’s not relevant unless you operate a CAVE or something.

siki
    Participant

Thanks, it is not my case.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.