Making prefab formations

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Making prefab formations

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  billberet 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

billberet
    Participant

I had an idea making land formations. If you want high def formations you have to make them if you don’t have kinetic sand. I am making formations out of paper mache then covering with glue and sprinkling sand over it. Now you have an exact replica of a land formation just my switching out your prefab. And since it’s covered in sand it blends into the sandbox.

Say you want to make the islands of Japan. With regular sand this is impossible, but if you had a model replica of Japan covered in sand you could just drop it in your box and you have the perfect contour replica that blends into the sandbox.

billberet
    Participant

I remember doing arts and crafts in boy scouts back in the day.
    Form the mountains. Start with a small handful of newspaper. Scrunch it up and cover it with masking tape. Glue the paper lumps to the area on the base designated for mountains. Let the glue dry before you start covering the lumps with shredded paper coated in the paper mache mixture. Turn a mountain into a plateau. Build up the sides and form a flat top. Use two rows of mountains to create a valley between them.

now to make it sandbox friendly, when you get to the top layer, just cover in sand, I’m actually using a spray on adhesive, but I’m sure you can use almost anything to get sand to stick.

billberet
    Participant

another easier way is styrofoam, just get some pieces and carve out what you want, then glue sand to it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.