Minimum Requirements to Run Water Simulation

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Minimum Requirements to Run Water Simulation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rmyers
    Participant

I just finished my AR Sandbox but the water simulation is choppy. Everything else runs fine. What are the minimum system requirements that will make the water simulation run smoothly. I am using an older PC that I had lying around. I currently have a fresh install of Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa 64 bit MATE 1.12.0 installed. 2GB memory. AMD Athlon 64×2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ x 2 (speed is 2.11 ghz). Graphic Card is a Nvidia Quadro FX380 running Nvidia 340.96 binary video driver. Can I just upgrade the video card or do I need a faster CPU to make the water work? If all I need is a better video card, what card will make it work without breaking the bank? This is for an elementary school and we don’t have tons of money for upgrades.

maphew
    Participant

That machine sounds very similar to mine. Upgrading the video card made an improvement, but don’t go top of the line. An Nvidia GTX 750ti for ~$200 was enough to make the CPU be the limiting factor. More video card after that will have no effect. See http://lakeviz.org/forums/topic/min-system-specs-not-models/

I’m happy enough with this machine for the moment. The animation is not as smooth as in the videos from Oliver, and with a lot of rain it gets sluggish, but it’s okay. The kids, big and little, still have fun.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.