Final pics of completed box

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Final pics of completed box

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    billberet
    Participant

Pics of completed box.
    -Loads sandbox on system start
    -Shell scripts to change to Lava, Water, Snow
    -Button configuration loads every time
    Special thanks to all the members on the forum to make this possible!
    I will probably end up selling my hardware and box to a local school, I have several teachers on my block wondering who gets it 🙂

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by billberet.
    INTPTT
    Participant

Looks great! Hopefully the addition of those buttons will help people change it without breaking it. =) We’ve also added a few more shaders (Sparkly Ice and Toxic Waste) as well as gotten the Pause Topo to work fairly well. (Likely going to try Oliver’s recommendation instead, but what we have works.)

billberet
    Participant

yea I tried out your new shaders, great job. i’ll be adding them to the usb buttons.
    I only have 6 buttons so I will have to pick my favorite ones. 1 and 2 are flood and dry so I am left with 4 more buttons!

INTPTT
    Participant

Very cool. We’ve got around 10 shaders now so we’ll be in the same boat. =) Figure we’ll have a keyboard available for us, but only map a handful for the kids to access.

billberet
    Participant

one last piece i want to build is a cover.
    The same way pool table lights are designed where it looks like it’s floating above the table.
    a lampshade would look lame, i need something that is just as awe inspiring as the sandbox itself.
    i can make it out of acrylic, or Styrofoam to keep it light, then put a skin over it.
    I’m looking for light material, i might make a template with cardboard, then have it done in plastic.
    i’ll post some pics once i get my idea going.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by billberet.
    billberet
    Participant

some Shaders by INTPTT
    tropical shallow water

Toxic water

Lava

INTPTT
    Participant

You’re right – those shaders look awesome with the islands! I am now telling some people they should look at it as ice or tropical water. =)

We got our 6-button device today (same one I showed you) and it appears to be working wonderfully. SUPER easy to program (though it requires a Windows computer) and can even do complicated things. (Like full on mouse movements, multi-function buttons and movements, etc.) We may look at having some special buttons that do a preset script, like move the mouse to a certain point, flood it, then move to another and dry it, etc.

billberet
    Participant

nice, you’ll have to post some pics of the buttons in action.
    I’m trying to figure out how to mount the buttons, I was thinking of anchoring the cable to the box so no one can pull the usb out of the computer. or i’ll put a usb port in the wooden leg, I can drill out a hole to insert a female usb port, I have dozens of them left over from other projects. then if it’s pulled out it won’t affect the computer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.