MW632 Projector Overheating and Shutting Off

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum MW632 Projector Overheating and Shutting Off

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  liudr 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

noopara
    Participant

Yesterday was the first public showing and use of our AR Sandbox at the Washington State Science and Engineering Fair. It was a huge hit.

The system performed extremely well except for one thing. The projector turned off every 20 to 30 minutes or so. I assume that it was overheating. The solution was to wait 5 to 10 minutes and then start it up again.

Are other users reporting this problem? I am thinking that it might be related to the orientation of the projector which is not what the projector was designed for. Should I add an additional external fan? Here is a photo of the system.USS Turner Joy AR Sandbox at the WA State Science Fair

liudr
    Participant

Did you have any obstructions to the heat vents? Since it is a BenQ, the LED would tell you what it was doing. I had one particular projector bought new but it once or twice flashed LED saying the bulb needs change and shuts down like you described yours. Mine was MX631XT. Great machine otherwise.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.