Nvidia Graphics Card; more RAM OR more bandwidth/cuda cores?

Home Forums AR Sandbox Forum Nvidia Graphics Card; more RAM OR more bandwidth/cuda cores?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tfraser
    Participant

hi,

if choosing 2GB or 4GB cards, (ie maybe not stretching to GTX970),

I’m interested to know how AR Sandbox utilises Nvidia graphics…

is it more important to have over 2GB ram or the greater Memory Interface Width (256 bits) of the 970 card over the lesser models?

I ask because I’ve seen videos of AR Sandbox running on a GTX750Ti (the amount of RAM was not stated – that card comes as 2GB mostly with EVGA offering a 4GB version) and it appears to run water simulation, but not sure how it compares with the 970.

Oliver Kreylos
    Keymaster

The important distinction between graphics cards for the AR Sandbox is the number of floating-point operations per second (flops), which is more or less proportional to the product of number of CUDA cores / stream processors and clock frequency, but memory bandwidth and core efficiency enter it as well. Flops ratings can be found on the Wikipedia entries for most GPUs, and on GPU benchmark sites. For comparison, our recommended Nvidia GeForce 970 GTX delivers around 3.5 teraflops.

Memory size is not important, as the AR Sandbox in default configuration uses much less than 1 GB of VRAM.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.